Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Keep on Keeping On

Hello Bible Study Buddies! We are currently at Week 5 in our study ... and this week we are reminding ourselves to "...forget none of His benefits". This is an egg-cellent time to deliberately place GOD smack in the center of our thought closets! What with Easter eggs and spring break trying to steal our attention ... let's make a deliberate effort together, shall we?

Girlfriends, I encourage you to keep on keeping on in the bible study! Only one more week to go after this lesson. The enemy would love to have an opportunity to wiggle into your mind just enough to make you feel defeated. I pray, for the love of Jesus to keep us going strong! If you find it hard to finish your lessons during this busy season ... don't get discouraged ... come to class anyway! We'll do it together! Ladies, do not let the enemy in. Satan is the father of lies and he will do whatever he can to keep you away. I'm praying hard for you, and for the victory that we girls are going to receive through the teachings in this bible study!

Now then, in this weeks lesson I love love love the exercise on page 122 where we were asked to write statements all over the walls of our thought closets based on scriptures that describe how God values each one of us. That's SO very cool -- "art" on our very own closet walls! In case you don't have your book (or if you are visiting us here on the ole' blogaroonie) here is a list of the suggested scriptures:

Isaiah 43:1; Isaiah 43:4; Jeremiah 31:3; Romans 15:7; 1 Cor. 6:20; Eph 1:4; Eph 2:10; 1 Peter 2:9. Let's speak those truths to ourselves today! They are not "feelings" ... they are facts!

1. God calls me by name.
2. He honors and loves me.
3. He has unfailing love for me.
4. He accepts me as I am, not for who I wish I was.
5. Jesus bought me for a very high price.
6. He chose me.
7. He created me as a masterpiece!
8. He chose me as royalty.

I am so humbled when I meditate on these verses. So much so, that I've turned it into a letter written to me from God - see below. I hope you, too, will allow God to craft His letter to you during this week. Meditate on His Word, girlfriends, and spend time at His letter-writing desk. See you Thursday evening!

LETTER FROM GOD:

My Dearest Kay,

The fact that you've come to Me shows that your heart is responsive, and I love you for it. Because love is so central to who I am, it must be central to who you are as My child. I will help you live out My definition of love.

Kay, I love you so much that I could not bear to be without you for eternity. So I sent my only son, Jesus Christ, to suffer and die for your sins. It was a high price that was paid for your salvation ... Jesus endured the painful death of the cross and the separation from Me that came with bearing your sin. My dear child, I love you that much.

In order to tap into My incredible strength, all you must do is come near to Me. When you take just one step toward Me, just as you are, I will run to meet you with open arms and a loving heart. You are my masterpiece! I made you and all of creation!

How pleased I am that you are learning the true meaning and source of joy. As you take My Word into your heart, My teachings will always be a source of joy to you. My power and My Word are at work in you this very minute. I chose you, Kay. You are worth everything to Me, My child.

Your God of Love

No comments: