Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Welcome From the Very Start ....Commit and Rely


It's an overcast morning here in Indy, but my soul is full of sunshine from this week's bible study lesson! I understand we will NOT have 19 flakes of snow this weekend for a change, and the temps are expected to hit 50. Hmmm, bible study and signs of spring ... two very good reasons to smile! Can anyone say Amen?

All you bible study girls out there ... we loved hearing from each other's prayer partners this week! If you haven't yet made contact with your gal, there's still time! Shoot her an email or pick up the tellyphone. In the words of Lesson One, Day Two:

If one of your Bible Study Buddies calls and asks "Whats Up?" you say, "I'm committing my way to God and relying on His words, not mine!"

Don't assume it's a small task just because it's two little words. As you talk to yourself today, tell yourself to commit your way to God - one word, one thought at a time - and tell your soul to rely on God's word more than your words.

One of my favorite things that happened to me this past week was hearing from my prayer partner. I give all you prayer partners a big shout-out for coming out of the wood-work (as granny would say), because it totally made my week! That delight got me right in the spirit! Thank you for making each other feel welcome. That's so important in a group like this!

If you or your friends do not currently have a bible study in your area, come have bible study with us at Outlook Christian Church on Mount Comfort Road on Thursday evenings. Come get a word with us. Let us make you so glad you came!

I know I also speak for Laura and Marcia when I say, we are so honored to take this journey with you. Jesus is life, girlfriends! Jesus is life! Let's run after Him with every ounce of energy we have!

Today ... commit (your way to GOD) and rely (on GOD's word more than your own words)!

No comments: